Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Monday 11 June 2012

New Shorts From Old Jeans : Creative Mondays Blog Hop...


Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judyh-jsThoughts where you can link up all your creative post each week....

What have you all been up to this week?


This week I've been making new shorts from old Jeans.


Here is what I did...


Got 2 pair of old jean that were no longer any good ...


Cut 1 pair to the length I wanted them just a little under for fraying...


I cut the second pair second pair a few inches longer so I could turn these up...


The second pair I random tied string around to create a tie and dye affect...


I then put old clothes on and glasses on (in case I splashed any bleach ) and rubber gloves on so I could put the bleach on and spread everywhere but I didn't want the corner to get bleached...


I bleached the front and back then left the on a carry bags for a hour.As it was a red hot day the were dry ( on a cool day or with thicker jean as these are lightweight ones maybe a bit longer) then I turned them over to dry the other side maybe I should have put them on the line so both side would have dried the same...

Then I placed them a few hours in a bucket of warm water,then a bucket of fabric condition.After a while I placed in the washing machine on a quick wash to get rid of the bleach smell...


I was going to rip them a little but being light weight jeans they ripped themselves...


Now all I need is the sunshine to come back so I can wear them...




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig